Here are five qualities that make a good logo design successful.
1. Simple The KISS rule is the best rule... (keep it simple stupid!). Clean, clear simple logos always work the best. Over complicating a design with straplines, numerous graphics, initials and your company name makes it harder to communicate a clear message about your brand.
2. Unique A custom logo, with custom graphics and type, will make your logo a unique design. using creativity a clever idea or a new concept will help your brand stand out in a crown and from your competitors.
3. Memorable Having a unique logo will make your logo memorable, it is also good to have some elements of cleverness that make your logo stand out too. A great concept it hard to achieve but should always be your goal. Good use of colour can make your logo memorable.
4. Functional A logo must first work in black and white, to be totally functional is must be able to handle applications to most surfaces. E.g. to work in print, online, on vehicles, exhibitions stands and even clothing.
5. Timeless A timeless logo is a logo that can maintain a high level of acclaim long after its creation. A timeless logo is logo that is usually simple, unique, memorable and functional but may only need small alterations over time to remain relevant.